Monday, February 26, 2007

The good, the bad, and the... oh, be nice!

Okay okay, so I know everyone and their dogs will be covering what the dames of
Hollywood were wearing on the carpet rouge last night, but I can't help but offer my
two cents. I root for the films first, and their leading ladies second - but it's a close race.
(Sorry I'm leaving the menswear out of this, since all the male nominees seemed to be
wearing Armani made-to-measure!). There was a lot that I loved, and here it is:

The Good (Penelope Cruz in Versace, Reese Witherspoon in Olivier Theyskens.)

















(Below: Gwenyth Paltrow in Zac Posen,
Kate Blanchett in Armani Privé.)

















The Bad, actually, the worst really:
You'd think that after starring in the fashionista flick, The Devil Wears Prada, there'd be serious pressure to look picture perfect, but Anne Hathaway's odd white Valentino number with a superimposed black tuxedo/gift bow front was, well, odd and unflattering.

No comments: