Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Bijougraphie


I know it's a good day when the first thing I'm inspired to put on is colorful, pretty, and unique. As I got dressed this morning to cover MontrĂ©al Fashion week shows, I put on a necklace I recently modeled for the Bijougraphie SS10 catalogue. 

Though you can't tell unless you feel them in your hand, the 'baubles' are actually rondured wood that has been hand painted in glossy acrylic and finished with vibrant, varnish enamel. The gorgeous colors, detailed brush strokes, and mix of natural with synthetic, expose a miniature spherical canvas that is surprisingly easy to wear. I look serious enough in the pic to devour the photographer, but I promise the necklace normally has me smiling. Photograph: Mercedes la Rosa, Bijougraphie SS10 catalogue

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the crazy necklace. you look hot, mama!

by Sutton said...

what a great necklace. love the use of wood. xx

Elsa said...

Wow - I love it. I am a big fan of unusual accessories, big and chunky and colorful!

Anonymous said...

you are outrageously beautiful!

Justin S said...

The out of ordinary necklace and the out of ordinary Raji without a smile on her face is quite eye catching and mesmerizing. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

this is such a great piece! i like it