Tuesday, July 31, 2007

tacky, and delicious, luxury

No, it's not a piece of that ubiquitous Louis Vuitton luggage that you're looking at. It's an
edible cake! My friend knows the happy couple who had the remarkably authentic LV-looking
cake made for their wedding shower. How lucky for luxury brands when they can just sit back,
while the mainstream gladly take on the task of free and volunteer advertising for them!
Here is another one I found online, and another; this one from Truly Scrumptious Designer cakes in Scotland. At $950, the edible version is still cheaper than the leather one! How much would you spend on the cake of your dreams for a special occasion?

7 comments:

j said...

$950?! I think I would ask the baker for the knock-off LV cake at a fraction of the price.

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

That looks so yummy!

Gloria said...

wow... i guess it's like, "you can have your bag and eat it too" ;)

Mash said...

wow it's look so yummy and it's so beautiful ,love it <3

Wedding Cake Man said...

$950! That is a lot of money, but there is a huge amount of detail involved there. :)

Styles said...

Waw, cant believe that is a cake! I seen something similar at Cake in a Box

Hope you like

Julie xx

Jade said...

I just seen this cake, I want one! Amazing looking Jade xx